- You need to create domain accounts for Searching and Crawling. Using the Farm Account (or default accounts) is not recommended. In our example we will use “spSearch” and “spCrawl”. Use complex passwords! These domains accounts should only be standard users, no administrative privileges should be applied.
- Log into the SharePoint Central Administration Page
- CA > Security > General Security > Configure Managed Accounts > Register Managed Account.
- Load the SQL Management Studio
- Expand the search database created in the earlier steps (typically WSS_Search_%hostname%)
- Right click the database -> new query
- Enter in the following Query:select * from msscrawlhostlist (execute)
You will be presented with a table of results including a column for Hostname and SuccessCount.
SuccessCount increases as it indexes each page.
- You can also lookup the crawl summary with:select * from MSSCrawlURLLog
- And should there be any error codes in the MSSCrawlURLog, they can be referenced with:select * from MSSCrawlErrorList where ErrorID = ‘<ERRORID>’