If you are using the Office Web apps in SharePoint 2010 then you may come across this error…
“This workbook cannot be opened because it is not stored in an Excel Services Application trusted location. To create an Excel Services Application trusted location, contact your system administrator.”
To fix it do next simple steps:
- Jump into Central Administration and goto Manage service applications.
- Click on Excel services Application.
- Then click on Trusted file locations
- You can see that http:// is already there, so you could just add https:// or put in a url to a specific location
- Fill in the boxes and also ticked the trust children box.
Once you have done this go back to your SharePoint site and Excel document and it will open up in the browser! Good luck!